Family Owned since 2012

We believe in community, family and supporting small local businesses

Richard and Rebecca Robinson took over The White Horse in April 2012. Having grown up in Broadwindsor, Rebecca was keen to return to the area, while Richard was extremely easy to convince with all the fantastic local produce and the beautiful Jurassic coast on the doorstep. After many years at high end restaurants and hotels in London, Richard and Rebecca decided to use the experience they had gained to fulfil their dream of running their own pub/restaurant.
Our philosophy is simple: perfect cask conditioned ale, exciting wines, locally sourced produce and friendly attentive service.

A little history on Haselbury Plucknett

The first part of the village name means a hazel grove and the second part from the name of its medieval owners.

It was one of the few manors which retained its Saxon owner, Brismar, after the Norman Conquest. A later Lord of the manor, Richard of Haselbury, rebelled against King John and was hanged at Sherborne.

Saint Wulfric arrived in the village in 1125 and was visited by Henry I and other nobility. He died in 1154 and was buried in the east end of the north aisle of the church, which became known as St Wufric’s aisle, but there is no trace in the current church.

The parish was part of the hundred of Houndsborough.

Haselbury Bridge (sometimes called Haslebury Old Bridge) is a stone built bridge dating from the 14th century. It is a scheduled monument and Grade II* listed building.The two arch bridge was built of local Hamstone and carries a small road over the River Parrett.] Each of the arches has a 3 metres (9.8 ft) span. The bridge is 4.1 metres (13 ft) wide including the parapet on each side.In the 17th century it carried the main route between Salisbury and Exeter and later marked the boundary between the Chard and Yeovil Turnpike trusts. The bridge was bypassed in 1831.

are you a local supplier?

Contact Us